In fact what you can do is just make the first 17 feet of the antenna
(including counterpoise) out of ladder line or even twin lead so that
it is a zepp fed W3EDP. This is what I use as my low-band antenna at home and
my backup antenna at the cottage. Through a 4:1
balun I am able to get a good match on 160m through 10m with the internal tuner
in my K2 and my LDG auto-tuner.
It works .. I even made a few 160m QSOs with it running 5W on CW during field
day.  I find that it is easiest to erect as an inverted-L.

Michael VE3WMB