Hello, all...

I made a comment in another thread that my station was a "little
pistol." That got me thinking and wondering about how to "size" a ham
station. "Big Guns" are rather obvious. Now, how about a "small gun," a
"big pistol," a "little pistol," and finally "bow and arrow?" Clearly,
this is very subjective, For example, my station: in the city on a small
lot, SkyHawk at 60ft, 80/40m compromise wires, nothing on 160m, 500w
amp, and K3. I can juuuust get into the top 10 in the CQWWcw from WNY
[most of the time], I've worked 335 DX on assorted bands, 5Band-DXCC is
forever waiting on 80m, and it's generally hard to hold a run frequency
when a band opens strongly. What size is this station? Anyone who comes
up with "pea shooter" will be so noted <g>. How about your station?
Happy 4th.

...robert
--
Robert G. Strickland, PhD, ABPH - KE2WY