From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of nr4c
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 11:06 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] PSK31 & RTTY with K3 and SignaLink USB

Yes, follow the direction of Elecraft on using the Elecraft K3, K2, or KX3.
Set the audio drive to the level that produces 4 bars with the fifth one
blinking.  ALC does not happen until the fifth bar.  The first four bars are
audio level and 4 bars are required to produce proper TX signal.  Now set the
power to whatever setting you want via the PWR knob on the K3.  You are using
LINE IN on the rear of the radio for input, I hope.  You also should set that
port to LIN IN, not MIC.  Check the manual on this as I am away from my radio
and did this a long time ago.

I do not use the SignaLink with my K3.  I just connect two stereo cable from
the LIN IN/LIN OUT to the computer sound card, and it works just fine.  Never
saw a need for the SL-USB with this radio.  I know, it frees up the sound card
in the computer, but this computer is ONLY used for ham radio so that's not an
issue in my shack.  YMMV.

Hope this helps, good luck!

...bill  nr4c