I believe it may well be UV which is produced, certainly visible light is.
 I agree that the energy is too small for the production of x rays, after
all you need to accelerate electrons through 10kV or so to produce x rays.
  UV radiation exists across a wide energy range compared with visible
light.

Stephen F/G4SJP
KX3 in the Vaucluse (where it's a little warm for an Englishman!)

On Tuesday, 10 July 2012, Kevin Luxford wrote:

> Thanks to all who responded to my post.  I will now gently remove the
> film.  It was reassuring to learn that some LCDs were shipped with the
> film still in place.
>
> As for the generation of x-rays, I doubt that there would be sufficient
> energy in the removal to do that.  Might be a job for the Mythbusters.
>
> Again, thanks to all.
>
> 73
> Kevin
> VK3DAP / ZL2DAP
>
> On 10/07/2012 9:06 AM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
> > Yes, along with visible flashes of light if you're in darkness and your
> eyes
> > have had time to adapt.
> >
> > As film photographer old enough to have used sheet-cut film, I learned to
> > never use that tape on the back of undeveloped negative films.
> >
> > Ron AC7AC

Sent from Gmail Mobile