Good to their word, the new K3 front panel arrived and I installed it
(took me about three hours - some parts and board removal/replacement
from the original front panel required). Unfortunately, there was no
joy. The rig behaved exactly as before. Called support back and again
did a little testing with them on the line. This time they said to
return the rig. So, $66 later at the UPS store - the K3 is on its way to
California.

Contact with support has been great - with very timely return calls and
knowledgeable staff. Much better than I have ever experienced with any
other manufacturer. These folks really do want to keep the customer happy.

It will be interesting to find what the problem is, as the K3 had
performed flawlessly for five months from the time I assembled it.

Bill W2BLC
--
IN GOD I TRUST (but, NOT a single politician)

--
IN GOD I TRUST (but, NOT a single politician)