Thanks to all who responded. I had no plans of deviating from the number of
turns that Elecraft directs. I will follow their instructions as to the best
of my ability.

I have learned a few things:

1) Adjusting the spacing of the winding on the toroids does not change the
inductance, just the distributed capacitance of the toroid.

2) The values specified by Elecraft are dependant on their measurement
equipment and techniques, and my measurement equipment and techniques
probably wouldn't show the same values. So it is not worth the trouble of
trying to measure them.

3) Don't bother with Q-Dope or any other method of attaching the windings to
the cores as friction is sufficient even in mobile applications.

--
Darrell Bellerive
Amateur Radio Stations VA7TO and VE7CLA