First of all I know there have been 'hundreds' of post about this subject. And
the truth been told, maybe I am confused because of that.

So my 'simple' question is this

I would like to buy a battery for the KX3 that fall into these 'requirements'

1) Needs to be allowed to be brought onto a plane, compact (carry on)?
2) I would like to run the KX3 at 12W on them.
3) Need to get a charger that keep the life of the battery going as long as
possible (I assume it needs to trickle, balance charger)
4) And does not break the canadian bank(if one can also suggest places to
purchase online? Hobbyking? Ebay, amazon to name a couple who do ship to Canada)

Now there are lifo, Lifepo4, lead acid (not really to heavy) NIMH, squirrel,
hamster ;-) etc

I know that buddipole sells a A123 but they do not ship to canada (guess they
are afraid we will take over the world, one battery at a time) but also they
are pricey. And not sure if they are the 'right' type anyways

So indulge my ignorance, and confusion on this, seemingly simple question.

Like, I figure, most hams spend a lot of money that, at the end, is not the
product they hoped for, (especially a newbie like me) I am hoping by reaching
out I can at least mitigate some.

 Thanks in advance to everyone who even thinks about posting about this again

73
a 'kosher ham'

Robert