Hello,

I would like some suggestions regarding getting a K2, or not.
I am new to Ham radio and just built a K1. So, as far as CW is concerned, I am
all set.
I also just built the 4-band module, and have the components to turn my other
board into an 80/17m.
So, getting a K2 for me would essentially be for adding SSB. I could keep the
K1 as a backup.
Reading the reviews on Eham (I know, I know…) it seems like SSB isn't a K2
strong point.
I have thought about just getting an MFJ-9440 for SSB and be done with that,
saving $600.
This reflector might not be the place for an objective opinion. but oh well…
By the way, I couldn't possibly justify spending more than the price of a K2
for any radio.
So, owning a K1, would I just be getting a mediocre $600 SSB option with the
K2, or have these TX audio problems been fixed, or ever existed?
I could get an MFJ-9440 now and save up for a K2 later, keeping the 9440 as a
backup, but my concern is that the K2 might no longer be available.
The K1 is here to stay by the way, I like it too much to ever sell it.

Thanks for shedding some light on my dilemma :-)

Gil.
--
New site: http://radiopreppers.com
PGP Key: http://keskydee.com/gil.asc