Bob,

I believe you will need an RF Probe or a 'scope with a 10X probe to proceed.

First step is to check to see if you have RF from the crystal - P1 pin 4
of the band board.
Check on both bands.
Assuming you do have RF from the crystal, the next step is to check for
RF at P1 pin 6 - tune the Premixer inductors for maximum amplitude while
probing that point.

Once you have the PreMixer output, you can peak the RF Bandpass filter
in receive - if you have a signal generator that is great, if not and
you have another transmitter, feed that transmitter into a dummy load
and put a pickup wire on the antenna connector of the K1.

After you have the K1 receiving, then try transmit again and touch up
the premixer and rf bandpass filters during transmit.

73,
Don W3FPR