From: Jim Sheldon [mailto:w...@cox.net]
Sent: Friday, 10 August 2012 4:29 AM
To: Adrian
Subject: Rollup rubber keyboard

Hi again Adrian,
Postman just delivered that cute little rubber roll-up keyboard.  Took
exactly 30 seconds to fall in love with it.  Also, even without any ferrites
on it, no RF problems apparent even with the KPA500 running 600+ out on RTTY
and the other one would lock up.  I did pick up a whole bunch of type 31
snap on ferrites that are about 1.5 inches long and a couple of them killed
the problem on the little silver KB.  This rubber one is going to be great
as I do a lot of the local hamfests as a demo guy for Elecraft, taking my
own equipment and showing it off with a tripod mounted homebrew antenna.  I
usually wind up working some pretty decent DX on RTTY or CW during the
demo's and I never run more than 5 watts out at a hamfest to make sure
nobody gets an RF burn if they happen to grab the antenna while I'm
transmitting.

This roll-up KB has a much better feel than I really expected and is really
easy to type on.  I think I'll order 3 more of them to have one for each
laptop and a spare if one fails.

Thanks for the info.

Jim - W0EB