TX TEST works great for the K3, but there is no equal on the K2.  I
would suggest for the K2, tap the mode button to put it into SSB of RTTY
mode - especially if you use PTT and not VOX.  If the dot paddle is
closed, yes, it will go into transmit, but there will be no audio to
produce a signal unless the cat purrs into the microphone.

For the KX3, there is mo TX TEST, so there too, I recommend setting the
mode to SSB.

Actually, the best prevention is to arrange your station antenna
switching to connect a dummy load - then when you leave the operating
position, just switch the "antenna" to the dummy load position and be
done with it - no worries.

73,
Don W3FPR