Yay!  I second that motion, Don!

I've been a fan of Ultimatic mode since it first came out in QST as a vacuum
tube keyer from a W6 in the mid-50s.  Later I built the transistorized version
that was in QST in the early 60s.  But nothing's as easy as building a WinKeyer
kit with it in it!  Steve did all the heavy lifting.

Ultimatic mode also includes dot or dash "insertion".  Make a "Q", for
instance, by holding the dash lever closed through the entire character
formation and flick the dot lever after the start of the second dash to insert
the single dot.

It's nice to have the K3's built-in keyer when going portable.  But -- like Don
-- I have a lot of trouble using the Iambic algorithms with dual-lever paddles,
so at the home station I use a WK2 and when I'm traveling I use a single-lever
paddle.

Bud, W2RU