HI Vic:

True... you probably could brew up an amp for less money.  Looking at
the commercial market, there is an Ameritron amp for $800.. which
includes the power supply, too.  It uses 3 type 811 tubes.  Now...
it's rated at 600W PEP with 100W drive.  So, with 10W drive, it's
output would be well less than 100W most likely.  But then... it
wouldn't be an Elecraft amp.  And it doesn't work on 6 meters.

While the new Ten Tec  amp requires a DC power supply, which would be
an extra cost for base station use, it does work on 6 meters and it
quite compact.  I suspect that the KXPA3 will be priced in the same
ballpark.  Both the Elecraft and the Ten Tec amps would work nicely as
mobile amps, since both will have frequency sensing, meaning you could
mount them in a vehicle trunk or similar out-of-the-way location.

73 de Ray
K2ULR