From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Gary Gregory
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:36 PM
To: Dale Putnam
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Fwd: Re: Price increase in mid Sept.

*Eric makes the point that this increase is cost related. Many manufacturers
do this of course and some just bring out a new model and the additional
cost pressures are built into the new model pricing.

Nice to see Elecraft continue the products currently being sold and just
make a cost adjustment as needed.

Whatever the increase may be, Elecraft are very well managed and as such
they will examine their business plan carefully and are well aware of the
adverse effects any increase in the retail price can have to their business.

I would be confident that Eric and the management team have examined all
aspects of production and supply and the increase will be the minimum they
can be happy with.

To compare Elecraft to say Kenwood, Icom and Yaesu is perhaps not a good
comparison. The corporate structure and governance of these companies is
totally different.

Gary
*
On 17 August 2012 10:14, Dale Putnam <daleput...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It seems to me that Kenwood is managed by some very smart fellers...
> head to head with a pair of super smart fellers... Both have a product
> to sell... and a goal to meet... if the price varies... all other
> things being somewhat equal to the two... a lowering of the price says
> they want to sell more, and the profit is not to be as much. If the
> price is forced up, that says the quality and support will have to be
> as best as it gets, to support the price being forced up, by parts
> cost, AND there isn't a pot of profit from numerous other arms of the
> same company to suck up the profit difference.  One more thing....
> standing on your own, says a lot for thequality of the offered product. A
WHOLE lot!!

--
*Gary*
*Start the day off slow, then taper off.........*