On 8/22/2012 3:15 PM, John Buck wrote:
> I gather that no one has found a small laptop with stereo input ( mike
> or line in) that will work with no external adapter except for sound cable.

Stereo line inputs started disappearing from laptops almost ten years ago.

How about this adapter?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/676980-REG/DJ_Tech_MINI_2_USB_Mini_2_USB_1_8_to.html

BTW -- I just learned that the $70 Tascam US100 interface I've been
recommending has
been discontinued. The replacement appears to be the US122, which B&H is
selling for
$80.  The US122 has the additional feature of 96 kHz or 48 kHz sampling
rate, which
means that it would be useful for spectrum display, or to drive skimmer.

73, Jim K9YC