I just tested my KX3 Sn. 546 running Firmware 1.10, 1.06, and 0.99 and it is
not displaying the problem of not transmitting after doing an ATU Tune.  I
changed to five different bands and did an ATU Tune on each band and it
immediately transmitted a SSB signal when I talked into the microphone.  The
KX3 was hooked up to two different outside antennas during the test.  One was a
tri-band beam and the other antenna was a multiband dipole. Not sure what the
problem is that some people are reporting with the ATU Tune function in SSB
mode, but not all KX3's are displaying that problem. Gary A. - W0MNA