I am finishing the first phase of my K2 build, and everything has gone
well up to this point. All resistance and voltage tests are fine.

When I went to set the AGC Threshold as per page 47 of the K2 Manual, I
got 5.0 volts as the lowest setting I could achieve when adjusting R1 on
the Control Board , so I followed the instructions at the top of page 48
and followed the AGC Level Application Note and installed the 15K
resistor between pins 3 and 4 of RP6 on the Control Board.

The resistance across the 15k resistor, once installed on the Control
Board on pins 3 and 4, was 3K. I reflowed the solder to see if I could
get the 3.5k ohms specified on the worksheet, but still got 3K and
thought that is good enough.

I reassembled the K2 and ran the AGC Threshold section again - but,
instead of being closer to 3.8 volts, I am now at 6.2 volts as the
lowest reading I could get. The lowest voltage went up and not down? Why
is that?

I am not sure if this is meaningful or not so I am holding from moving
forward until I know if this is an issue, or just move on, or remove the
15k resistor across pins 3 and 4 of RP6?

Thanks,
Don KF7DS