Iain,

The mod you referenced below is a very old one (470 ohm resistors on
the KIO3). It has been in production for a long time.

The mod I was talking about is newer (2010, I believe). It involves a
pair of very small-valued resistors in series with the AF output
coupling capacitors. This, too, is in production.

However, I just looked on the K3 mods page, and it appears that we
never did turn this into a mod kit. We'll get this corrected right away.

Wayne
N6KR

On Aug 28, 2012, at 12:17 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:

> See: http://www.elecraft.com/K3/mods/AF_Output_Mod_Rev_C.pdf
>
> "This modification is needed for all K3s shipped to date containing
> either a Revision XB or Revision A KIO3
> board. You must inspect the KIO3 board to see whether the modification
> has been made. Modified boards will
> include the leaded resistors shown in Figure 4. You can see the
> resistor in the lower part of the figure by removing
> the top cover as shown in Figure 1 and inspecting the side of the KIO3
> board facing away from the rear panel.  "
>
> Also http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_app_notes.htm states "Included on
> all new K3s About 12/23/08 and later."
>
> 73,
>
>    ~iain / N6ML
>

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM, hawley, charles j jr
> <c-haw...@illinois.edu> wrote:
>> Was there a serial # that included the current limiting?
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Aug 28, 2012, at 1:18 PM, "Wayne Burdick" <n...@elecraft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dave,
>>>
>>> Do you have the AF amp current-limiting mod in place? The parts for
>>> this mod are installed on the RF board. They've been in production
>>> for
>>> quite some time, and we can send them to you on request.
>>>
>>> With the limiter installed, we've seen near-zero problems with the
>>> AF
>>> amp IC.
>>>
>>> 73,
>>> Wayne