Gil,

The Elecraft XV series transverters were designed to interface with the
K2, and then extended to the K3.

If your K2 includes the K60XV option with its 1 mW TX and RX
connections, the operation is seamless.  The K60XV transceiver ports
connect to the transverter and the HF antenna connections can stay in place.

Without the K60XV, operation is still great, the transverter will accept
up to an 8 watt input signal from the K2 high power output, but you will
have to switch between the connection to the transverter and to the HF
antenna.  Once that hurdle is passed, the operation is again seamless.

The K2 TRN menus allow you to set up the frequency display as you want
it (including any offsets).

73,
Don W3FPR