Joe,
See response below:

Tom,

The K3 keeps separate input selections and input gain by mode ...

Make sure the K3 is in DATA A, and while in that mode make sure
Line In is selected and check the input level (mic gain).  The
menu "Line Level" is receive - not transmit.

Yes, am in TX Data and DATA A....Main Menu Mic sel = Line IN

When the software JT65-HF goes into xmit, it keys the K3 but no output..I tried
moving the MIC gain from zero to Max with no differences. CMP = 0 which is the
default.

  Also make sure you have selected "Line Input (rear)" for FSK/DIGITAL
in Router's audio switching tab and confirm that you have selected
"Headset Earphone (microHAM CODEC)" as the "Sound Output Device" on
the "Station Setup" tab in the JT65-HF configuration dialog (assuming
you are using JT65-HF and not WSJT).

In mK II, Audio Switching: FSK/Digital= Line input (rear)

Yes, JT65-HF software: Station setup: Sound input device= 02-microHAM CODEC and
Sound Output Device= 05 microHAM CODEC

  If you can run PSK31/63 and MFSK with MMVARI there should be no
difference in running JT65-HF.

With MMTTY and MMVARI, I am using 45 bps FSK D or 31 bps PSK D, not DATA A with
either one.

With the mK II I seeSC  andLINE  LEDs lit; when the software 'keys' the rig...I
see an additional LED,PTT2  is lit.

If I disconnected the mK II by pulling out the USB plug, should I hear 'tones'
from the software when it is in the xmit mode? If so, I hear nothing from the
computer speakers. Tony suggested disconnecting all interfaces and using cables
to/from K3; I only have the 'headphone' jack on the back of the computer so it
appears there is no 'line in'....

I do have an O II sitting to the side along with mK; perhaps I should give that
a shot to see if the DATA A xmit function is kaput? Is there a config menu
selection to activate DATA A? What you think?

Tnx
Tom
CX7TT

  73,