Hello Jim,

I tried the first part of your answer but my computer does not show similar
selections (Win XP) under sound/devices; nothing like you describe in the first
two paragraphs.

I have tried both VOX and PTT w/no success.

However, we may have hit on something here with the headphones in computer jack.

After hearing nothing with the microham CODEC selected for both Sound in/out, I
selected Creative Sound Blaster PCI for both input and output..aptly named, it
just about blasted out my ear drums... there was a 3rd choice presented in the
drop down menu which is: Microsoft Sound Mapper input/output.

Also interesting is that originally when selecting CODEC, it showed 02-mK CODEC
and 05-mk CODEC but after selected CSB then reverting to CODEC, it now numbers
them 01-mk CODEC and 04-mK CODEC....any significance to that?

Ok, so setup the JT65-HF for CSB in/out and on the mK II, selected CSB under
tab Audio Mixer....I get the tones when software sends, the rig is keyed, but
no power output.

While in this config, i.e., CSB on mK II, went to Audio Mixer tab and selected
'Test signal', I get the tone....When I select mK CODEC on same tab...no tone
when selecting "Test Signal" ??? If I go to the K3 DATA A and change to AFSK,
then 'Test Signal', no tone. However if I select either FSK or PSK-D on the K3,
I get the appropriate 'Test Signal" on the mK II.

So, I do not know why the CODEC is not producing tones for DATA A or AFSK...Joe?

Tnx again guys...this has me buffaloed...

73
Tom

Message: 10