From: richardjwilt...@aol.com <richardjwilt...@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Operating from a hotel
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Date: Thursday, September 13, 2012, 12:40 PM

I have had a wonderful experience operating from hotels.  I often use a
Buddistick or Outbacker Tri-Split with four counterpose wires (one for each
band)  cut to frequency for both 20 and 40 meters strung across the hotel
room.  I have also used the AD5X dipole that Phil describes on his Web site.
Wires dangling from the room tends to invite problems at times. Every year I
would attend a a professional conference in Honolulu and had a pipeline into
Europe with 10 watts, all CW.  The trick to minimize interference, it seems, is
to have a good quality coax feed from the balcony to the rig. Don't give up on
hotels.

73,
de Dick, K8RBW