I second this suggestion. When I built my K2 I used the "Rework Eliminators."
Using
them doesn't impede normal construction of the K2, and later, when new modules
are
added, they/it makes the addition(s) so very much easier. Strong recommendation.

...robert

On 9/14/2012 16:30, Wayne Conrad wrote:
> On 09/14/12 02:19, Fred Smith wrote:
>> One thing I would suggest "strongly" is to consult with Don and ask him to
>> advise you of the options and the order of installation as some can be done
>> during the build. Otherwise you will disassemble much of the radio to
>> install some of the options. On the other hand some are easily done after
>> the build is completed at any time. JMHO
>
> I'd suggest the "Rework Eliminiator" K2 Option Bypass Headers:
>
>       http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6372
>
> They work very well.  You build the option bypass headers, and then when
> you build your K2, you build it as though you are installing every
> option.  Many options require that you remove a component or two from
> the main board, so you just don't install those components at all during
> the build.  For the options you don't actually install, plug in the
> option bypass header.  Later, when you add an option, simply unplug the
> bypass header and plug in the option.
>
> 73, Wayne Conrad KF7QGA

Robert G. Strickland, PhD, ABPH - KE2WY
rc...@verizon.net