I'm hoping that the increase in reverse beacons will help spot the illegal
power merchants, that will be a good start.

David
G3UNA

On 9/14/2012 1:23 AM, Jan Erik Holm wrote:
> Nothing new under the sun. It´s been around for decades. There are even
> contest stations that puts their amplifiers in class C on SSB and I´m
> not talking about small amps but things in the 5 - 10 kW region.

These guys are much closer to EU than to me in CA, so we don't hear
their trash. As long as cheaters like this are allowed to continue
without public exposure, they will continue.  I don't understand why
those EU contesters who play by the rules don't expose them. They must
make life absolutely miserable for you.

When I hear really dirty signals on the air, I DO spot them with that
note,  But I enter a wrong frequency so that they won't benefit from the
spot.

73, Jim K9YC