Hi, Dave.

This is an interesting idea, but it presupposes the new hams are taught traffic
handling, ICS training, and other things that makes them able to pass emergency
traffic with ANY rig.  Maybe we should consider teaching Morse skills as a part
of emergency communications.  After all, as much as an anathema as it may be to
us, not everyone wants to learn emergency operations, just as some do not want
to learn CW.

Rick
WD8KEL