Hi,

I never used my K2 for SSB, but now I would like too. My 9 year old daughter
wants to get on it and I am getting my first yagi, so I do not need to use CW
all the time :).

My K2 is S/N 2555. I have very inadequate power out and compression really
distorts my audio (60 W on 40 with SSBA3, 5 W with SSBA 1).  From reading and
some suggestions I found out, I probably should do these mods:
http://www.qrpproject.de/Media/pdf/SSBModsUK.pdf. This should fix weak and
raspy modulation.  Eventually, I really would like to have adequate SSB
output/modulation and also add the DSP board.

Now, the issue is my SSB board is revision D, and the mods document describes I
should have Rev E.  I seem to have 2 options:

1.       Figure out the difference between Rev D and Rev E (or Rev G as it is
current) and fix my board up, or

2.       Get a new SSB board for $120 and do the mods on that one.

For 1) I am not sure if this is easily done. Where can I find out what the
differences are between these boards.I know I have the filters matched between
the RF and SSB boards, so this could create problems when getting a new board
as in option 2), unless I reuse the old filters. Would it be possible to get
the new board, use the old filters and plug it in in my rather old RF board?

I am not sure what I should do.  Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks
Andy,
KU7T, K2 #2555