Guys, realize that Motorola is taking a lot of heat from this article, especially from in-house hams. There are many. Ham radio has been important to Motorola for many, many years. There are quite a few hams at Motorola - a few years ago the list even included the CEO (George Fisher). Motorola has made many excellent technical contributions to ham radio and I know that ham radio technology has flowed in to Motorola on many occasions. So, they are well aware of the importance of hams and the things we are quite capable of doing, and how much we have contributed to the success of the company.

I understand that the article's author took the Screeden quote out of context, which seems par for the course, especially in the coverage of this disaster. Motorola has already issued an apology and correction.

So give Motorola a break. They really are good guys, trying to do the right thing.