I just finished my KPA500 and am having some trouble.
I'm using it with a K3 and the Aux cable.

It powers up fine.  HV is 73.0, FAN CTL doesn't turn fans on.
The fan does not run when I turn it off as stated in the manual.
The KPA500 utility can't connect with it.
Using the same cable I can use the K3 utility without a problem.
The K3 switches the bands on the KPA500 and the KPA500 switches the K3
bands.
The K3 indicates when I switch from standby to operate.
On standby I can operate with no problem.

I have removed the front panel and reseated the cables twice.
I did not pull the transformer or play with the I/O module.
I'll do that tomorrow when I get a little more time.

Anyone have similar problems?  Any thoughts?
Of course I'll call Elecraft for help if nothing seems to work.

73
Stan AE7UT