In a message dated 9/10/2005 11:25:53 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

K2 has ONLY 80dB of third order dynamic range vs SDR-1000 98dB

So...??

Do  you have some sound files that show what kind of difference that makes,
and  under what conditions?

So many people base decisions on "specs", with no  idea what kind of
difference those specifications mean in real world  performance. Hearing is
believing.
I for one would like to hear more evidence  that goes beyond the numbers,
such as is being presented for the NorCal 2030.

http://www.norcalqrp.org/files/PacificonSoundFiles.exe

Hopefully  there are those on this -superlist- who are equipped and inclined
to produce and  share that kind of  "evidence" as it pertains to the various
"specs" that  are bandied about. I myself have barely a clue...

73
Bill   K3UJ