Hi all,

The KX3, like the KX1, is usable by blind operators, thanks to an
audio-Morse interface that can be turned on/off in the menu. Sighted
operators may find the interface to be helpful, too, especially for
mobile operation, since it allows eyes-free use of the radio.

The KX3's implementation is not yet complete. But we just improved it
by making the following changes:

* Holding CWT switch on power-up turns on audio-Morse feedback and
sets speed to 20 WPM. (The other way to do this is via the SW TONE
menu entry, which allows you to set different code speeds. However,
menu entries themselves are not yet supported by the audio-Morse
interface.)

* Switch activation truncates any audio-Morse output already in
progress.

* 'R' substituted for  '.' and 'T' substituted for ‘0’ to speed up
frequency reports, etc.

* SWR reported after TUNE or ATU TUNE ("SWRnn.n").

* The receiver is now muted during all audio-Morse output.

If you're interested in testing a field-test release of the KX3
firmware that includes the above changes, please contact me directly.

73,
Wayne
N6KR