I downloaded the KAT500 manual from the website a few minutes ago,
Revision A. I think it's been changed since you downloaded it, I see
only a portion of the text you quote below. However,
bullet (4) on page 7 still starts with the line "DB15 interface cables
with male and female connectors (one cable supplied)." Maybe was meant
to be edited also since according to this posting:

http://www.mail-archive.com/elecraft@mailman.qth.net/msg144134.html

the cable isn't going to be included. I called and added a
E850463 cable to my KAT500-K order just today and was told "lots of
guys are adding the cable to their orders" without any mention that
it's already included.

73,

Bob NW8L