Take a look at this site:  http://www.n2ckh.com/fl110.htm

These show up from time to time.  My little QRP circle of friends have found
2 in the last month.  Both were around $300.

When you see a solid state amp that was built in the late 70's with the
original output transistors, you get the feeling it was put together
correctly.

The amp can actually take up to 15 watts in, and can develop higher output
than the 110 watt advertised output.

I believe it has a 200 watt PA potential.

The Tokyo HL50 (forerunner to the HL45) can be purchased in the 350 - 400
price range.

If you have to order one new, and pay shipping, it can become cost
prohibitive.

You can always go the Metron route, and have up to 1K watts; if you have
enough battery and charging system.

David
KD4NUE