If there is anyone out there like me who has never brought the audio out of
their K3s to an external system, here's a winner:  Logitech Z623, currently
on sale up here at Staples for $145.  One stereo cable to the K3 SPRK OUT
and another stereo cable to my laptop, and I suddenly have a perfectly
matched audio system that allows me to mix audio from the radio with audio
out from the laptop with numerous ways to balance audio channels and overall
audio level.  Impedance matches seem to be perfect. The Logitech hardware
looks as is if it were designed to match typical ham radio gear with an
attractive sort of militarized look.  System control is via one of the two
desktop speakers which has power on/off, bass adjustment, volume adjustment,
and the inputs for the K3 audio and output to headphones.  Audio out from
the laptop is fed to the system via the larger bass speaker box.

If all one wants is decent audio from their laptops (which is where I
started), buy it for that reason alone.  The new audio is like having been
given a new K3 and is icing on the cake.  The night I hooked this system up,
I tripped over PS0T.  Two seconds to set the K3 up for split and I worked
them without cans.

The Z623 is the biggest improvement in this station since I added the P3 and
is so perfect as to seemingly have been designed for this purpose..  Contact
me off-line if you want more details.

No, I don't own Staples.

Gary VE1RGB