Be VERY careful when you use the external speakers! I was using my KX3 with a small HOME brand speaker system for an iPod; I had the level adjusted to a moderate level, but had a noise burst. The system (radio/external speaker) was silenced. I unplugged the HOME speaker, and the audio was OK in the KX3. I disassembled the Home speaker, decided to get a new audio amp as a repair, as the unit was going to be too hard to justify the effort. I found a small amp on good old eBay, which I just received TODAY!

My point is that this is a great idea, but just be aware of the possibility of overload. I have no idea if my issue is an isolated case, or not.

73;   -Mike-   KØJTA