Wait until you get the chance to take it into the wilderness where the nearest
power line is 20 miles away.  The noise floor really is the noise floor of the
radio and a wire in the nearest tree is like a stacked array.  The thrills have
never gone away in this great hobby.
73,
Bill AK5X

On Dec 5, 2012, at 11:46 AM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

> " Quite a thrill for me,..."
>
> That's what Ham radio is all about. Congratulations!
>
> 73, Ron AC7AC

Bill Hammond
wham...@aol.com
Bill Hammond-AK5X