Make sure you are only routing the AMP keying line from the rig through the KAT 500 to the amp. The tuner always interrupts this line when it is tuning. This can be done either via the the AMP keying line RCA connectors on the Rig, KAT500 and the AMP, or via the KPAK3AUX cable connections between the K3 and KAT500 and between the KAT500 and the KPA500 when the K3 is used.

Some customers have hooked up the AMP keying line to the amp two ways in parallel. One correctly through the KAT500 to the amp (usually via the KPAK3AUX cable), and the other incorrectly via a second path directly from the Rig's Key out RCA connector directly to the amp. This second path will nullify the KAT500's attempt to open the AMP keying line to theMAP during tune.

73,

Eric
---
www.elecraft.com