I'd be very interested in this "marriage", especially if it supported satellite operation:

1) Cross-band split using 2 transverters
2)The ability to sync the two split frequencies so they track through either inverting or non-inverting transponders.

#1 may already be possible.  Anyone know for sure?

--Mike

At 07:06 AM 9/20/2005, Lanier, Robert wrote:

> If it were up to me, and it is not, I would like to see
> transverters for 432 and 1296.  902 would be a surprise,
> since it seems to me it is even more neglected than 222.
>
> But, as other's have said, they would like to see a kit from
> Elecraft.  This is probably just because they like the
> quality of the stuff that Elecraft has put out so far.  But,
> of course, the more time you spend on developing products for
> increasingly smaller market segments, the more you have to
> charge for them.
> And if you know that Down East Microwave already does them
> and well, I would imagine it is hard for Elecraft to justify
> the time and money spent, unless you just OEM
> (rebrand/repackage) their product.
>
> David, K3TUE

Actually, repackaging them into an Elecraft transverter case isn't such
a bad idea David. I had a similar idea where you use Down East Microwave
products (or other vendor) for the higher bands that Elecraft isn't
willing to invest money into (1296, on up is what I'm hearing....),
along with a transverter interface kit that Elecraft sells. The
interface kit would include a transverter project case and necessary
electronics to "Elecraftize" the other vendor's microwave products.

I'm not sure of the implications of such a task. What are the electrical
and mechanical aspects of this? It seems that Elecraft and DEM would
have to work together in some way, or perhaps a more astute Elecraft
user can come up with the necessary mods and share with everyone? I'm
really not sure....I'm just sharing an idea with everyone to get the
ball rolling.

Tony, K4YYZ