You need to provide a way to ground pin 5 on the aux connector. I do this
with a remoterig interface. Any remote relay will work. This turns on the
rig then the rig stays on even if the closure is momentary. To turn it off
you need to send it the power down command via the command serial port. A
macro within HRD will do this easily. The DC out jack on the K3 can then
power a relay to turn on accessories.

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Chad Wasinger <chadwasin...@outlook.com>wrote:

> Hi Group, Been searching the mailing list for a solution to turn on/off my
> K3 remotely via Ham Radio Deluxe or another means. Looks like there has
> been some posts on using serial activity as a trigger to turn on the radio.
> Just wondering if there has been any progress in this area or if someone
> has a simple solution? I'm not sure how Kenwood does it on their ts-2000
> but the remote on/off feature is pretty smooth via HRD. Suggestions?
> Thanks, Chad N0YK

Jim K0XU
j...@rhodesend.net