Hi all,

Am hoping someone can help me with a problem. I have a K3 with a KD9SV rx antenna switch and use the Key Out line to toggle this device.

For some reason, the K3 will not send the key Out low in CW mode via:

- external software (Logger32, N1MM)
- the macro buttons
- a paddle plugged in the rear port

It won't send it low using any software-oriented mode, e.g. voice keyer or
MMVARI either.

However, it does send it low when PTT is activated, i.e. by a footswitch, and will do so when the K3 is in CW mode as well as SSB so in the meantime I can toggle the rx ant switch with the footswitch. So it seems the cabling and MOSFET controlling the Key Out lien are functioning correctly.

Have just downloaded the latest firmware, the latest firmware installer and the problem persists. I have tried EEINIT prior to reloading the complete firmware, tried loading older configurations etc...

My set-up is K3/KPA500/KAT500 connected via the serial cables for control and keying. I ahve tried disconnecting all external equipment save the rx ant switch and used the M1-M4 macros to generate code with VOX on and it still won't operate the Key Out line.

Makes no difference if in VOX or QSK off/on or set PTT to OFF-OFF and use the
paddle or M1-M4 macros.

I have

Cheers,

Paul