I to have had similar issues with the PF2 touch keyer. For whatever reason, it
is unusable in my shack as it is currently set up. It works just perfect for a
while, then goes haywire. Others swear by it and it does have a very
interesting "action". You almost get the sensation that the finger pieces are
moving when you touch them. A very interesting paddle option.

Steve
W1SFR