I've been following this thread but have not responded since my impression
of the original request was for a self-contained tuning knob that did not
require use of external software and an associated computer. I agree with
Ian's proposal that, although it is not a standalone solution, the Shuttle
Pro is a device that, in conjunction with appropriate software, offers a
lot of functionality.

I use the Shuttle Pro with my mobile contest logger (CQ/X) to control
multiple functions on the K3 in my mobile installation wherein the K3 is in
the back of the SUV and the operator is in the front passenger seat.
Details on this application of the Shuttle Pro can be found by following
the Elecraft links on the Radios page of my website (www.no5w.com).

I'm happy to discuss the details if there are questions.

73/Chuck/NO5W