On a couple of earlier messages (one from Rob Sherwood) the notion of a "fun"
radio to operate was raised and how that might become a deciding factor among
many different radios with similar receive performance.

My question is what is a fun radio?  I have heard that some think the K3, being
somewhat menu driven, is not a fun radio where as something like a Yaesu with a
button and knob for every function is fun.  I must be a contrarian because I
think the less buttons without compromising performance or functionality is
better.

For example, I also have an Icom Pro 3 that has buttons for some menu options
on my K3.  I use those Icom buttons so rarely that sometimes I need to look up
in the user guide again to remind myself what they do and how to use them.
Anything rarely used in my opinion is fodder for menu operation.

So, if I wanted to buy a fun radio, which one would it be?  I would like to
know more of what people consider fun in this regard because it is a mystery to
me.

73, phil, K7PEH