Further to my last, this is what I'm seeing:

08:46:28 P3 MCU version 01.24. usbserial RS232 speed 38400 bit/s

08:46:28 New firmware is available for your P3

HD:Users:stephenprior:Desktop:P3SVGA_0124_0114:

08:46:46 Starting MCU firmware load

08:46:46 OS X Version 10.8.2 ()

08:46:53 Sending firmware file "p3m0124.hex" to P3

08:49:52 Loaded P3 firmware version 01.24

P3 responded with version 01.24

08:49:53 P3 firmware load is complete

08:49:53 Starting SVGA firmware load

08:49:53 OS X Version 10.8.2 ()

08:49:56 SVGA programming failed.

Verify file source and version.Turn the P3 off and back on, then re-try the
firmware load.

08:49:56 SVGA firmware load failed

08:49:56 Starting FPGA 0 firmware load

08:49:56 OS X Version 10.8.2 ()

08:49:56 FPGA 0 firmware file "p3f00_0104.bin" verified

08:49:56 FPGA 0 programming failed.

Verify file source and version.Turn the P3 off and back on, then re-try the
firmware load.

08:49:56 FPGA 0 firmware load failed

08:49:56 Starting FPGA 1 firmware load

08:49:57 OS X Version 10.8.2 ()

08:49:57 FPGA 1 firmware file "p3f01_0104.bin" verified

08:49:57 FPGA 1 programming failed.

Verify file source and version.Turn the P3 off and back on, then re-try the
firmware load.

08:49:57 FPGA 1 firmware load failed

08:49:57 Starting FPGA 2 firmware load

08:49:57 OS X Version 10.8.2 ()

08:49:57 FPGA 2 firmware file "p3f02_0104.bin" verified

08:49:57 FPGA 2 programming failed.

Verify file source and version.Turn the P3 off and back on, then re-try the
firmware load.

08:49:57 FPGA 2 firmware load failed

08:49:57 Starting FPGA 3 firmware load

08:49:57 OS X Version 10.8.2 ()

08:49:57 FPGA 3 firmware file "p3f03_0104.bin" verified

08:49:57 FPGA 3 programming failed.

Verify file source and version.Turn the P3 off and back on, then re-try the
firmware load.

08:49:57 FPGA 3 firmware load failed

08:49:57 Starting FPGA 4 firmware load

08:49:57 OS X Version 10.8.2 ()

08:49:57 FPGA 4 firmware file "p3f04_0104.bin" verified

08:49:57 FPGA 4 programming failed.

Verify file source and version.Turn the P3 off and back on, then re-try the
firmware load.

08:49:57 FPGA 4 firmware load failed

08:50:04 P3 is not responding.

All advice gratefully received!