Ian,

Does the LO frequency jump if you tap the crystal's can using a plastic "rod" such as an alignment tool or pencil? If it does, and if all of the soldered connections in the LO's circuit are sound, the jump and drift are most likely caused by some "mechanical" fault within the crystal assembly itself. The only cure in such cases is to replace the crystal.

73,
Geoff
LX2AO