Hi All

First let thank all the kind people that replied to my last post about the
Hi Cur warning and volume pot noise.

It really sorted me out,

I have the QRP version and have the internal battery pack, well I spent a
while chatting on 20m last night to a friend and

Didn’t give a thought to the battery,  When I checked this morning with a
good shout the voltage was just over 11V and that’s when I get the HI Cur
warning, when I ran it from a nice 13.8 (well 14.4V in fact) supply it was
fine and I can reset the Hi Cur alarm to 3.5 Amps.

The Vol Pot Noise isn’t that bad, not really worth the effort to fix, if it
gets worse I will look at it but im not worrying about that yet, as the
serial number is in the 29xx range  it would be pre-new board layout so im
happy now I know there is a fix if I need to take it later.

Just been using Spectrogram to check the filters and adjust them to my
likings  , The K2 has had just about all the mods (except volume pot!) done,
so im a very happy camper.

Its got the K2-DI board fitted and that works very well on PSK and SSTV

Thanks Ray If your still taking the mail

All the best and I hope to work some other K2’s on the air soon!

Paul

M0BMN