When turning the RF gain from minimum to about 9 o'clock there is a jump
where it
seems to turn on rather than a smooth transition.  It works as expected and
I didn't
think anything of it really until I got my sub-receiver placed.  The
sub-receiver RF gain
acts like I have experienced on other rigs (a smooth increase in gain).
This maybe totally normal.  Just wondering if it's "normal".

I often use a rather high AF gain and use the RF gain to set the volume.  On
other rigs
this seems to be the best for noise abatement.  The K3 does not seem to
resond to
this as well as prior rigs of mine - specifically the Orion II.  Not that I
would ever, ever,
ever, ever, ever, ever, ever want to go back.  I love my K3.  Far superior
in my mind
to any rig I have used.

73
Stan AE7UT