Hans,

I see no reason it would not work. If the amplifier presents a good 50 ohm load to the exciter, then I would suggest you forst tune the KAT2 into a 50 ohm dummy load for ANT1. Connect the amp to the ANT1 jack from the KAT2 and it should drive the amp just fine. That leaves ANT2 to be used with another antenna for QRP operation. The KAT2 tuner remembers the tuning combination on a per band, per antenna basis, so if you do not change antennas (or the connection to the amp), all should be automatic when switching bands or from QRO to QRP operation.

73,
Don W3FPR