I have a hard time not wanting to make my K3 be "in the top 0.1%!"

Practically speaking, I would never experience the improved MDS that was reported because I live in the middle of town, with neighbors a few feet away on all sides. Man-made noises mask receiver noise on all bands most of the time (except perhaps on 6m). In other words, the stock K3 is better than my QTH. I couldn't use a Maserati on the freeway here, either.

But of course, what about Field Day?