Just this morning Jim, W0EB posted this P3 screen shot:

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj570/JimSheldon/TX5K40meterZOO_zps44e24da3.jpg

What is interesting is that this has what is asked for, the P3 can have an "S" meter scale too. I was not aware of this. I did not see this in the manual either. Possibly this is in the later/latest software. The point is that with the P3 you can then have an accurate "S" meter that
is not effected by the RF gain.

I'll have to find it in the menu. The Elecraft learning curve follows the Time Constant curve, you can never get to the top of it no matter how long you play with the equipment.

Bob
K2TK  ex KN2TKR (1956) and K2TKR