I also inquired about this mod on the list a couple months ago. No replies
or posting of the relevant info yet.
73,
Bruce N1RX

Last August, Wayne N6KR posted:

>The mod I was talking about is newer (2010, I believe). It involves a

>pair of very small-valued resistors in series with the AF output
>coupling capacitors. This, too, is in production.
>
>However, I just looked on the K3 mods page, and it appears that we
>never did turn this into a mod kit. We'll get this corrected right
away.

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/K3-speaker-audio-gone-td7561739.htm
l#a7561747

Because I prefer to open my K3 only in low-static months, it's time to
ask about the status of this mod, which hasn't yet appeared on the K3
mod webpage.  Will it be available within the next few months?

73, Paul W8TM